[3830] SS CW K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 08:50:59 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 23:47

------------
  160:
   80:  301
   40:  259
   20:  101
   15:   37
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

More BIC than was good for my body.  Many short breaks for "house
tours" (TNX K4FTO for that genteel description of the need to leave the rig
for a few minutes every couple of hours.)

Seemed harder to get runs going, but N1MM+ shows pretty good results.  Worked
lots of low-number QSOs, both running and S&P.  I think that indicates that
my tactics were good (band selection; run/S&P), though I don't know if I
used the (unfamiliar but welcome) high-band openings wisely.

Started at 0030Z.  Tactical breaks (rate too slow!) at 0715Z (43 min) and 0820Z
(51 min).  At beginning of planned "long" break (one hour at 1030Z) I
had 355 QSOs; not looking good, but that means there is still plenty to work on
Sunday. Another combo planned/tactical 69 minute break at 2130Z Sunday evening.

Never heard NT.  Heard EWA S&P, but was not loud enough to attract him.
Heard VY2TT on 20M scatter(?) Saturday evening about 0020Z, and cleverly decided
to grab him then; did not hear him with a better opportunity the rest of the
contest.  A run on 80M Saturday evening (0230Z) brought VO1HP (got another NL on
20M 1340Z Sunday morning). CQing on 20M (foolish!) Sunday morning brought WTX
(Hah!).  Struggled in 20M pileup around 21Z to get AB, but got KL7SB on 15M with
first call at 20Z -- go figure.  Several other one-QSO Sections, including
DE(!), but five PAC and five MAR -- go figure.

As I've said, when I'm contesting I feel like I'm 20 years old again (except for
those "house tours"), and so are you.  Thanks, again, to my family for
allowing this self indulgence.