[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 03:08:43 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 18

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   3      2
   80:   8      6
   40:  16     13
   20:   7      5
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  34     26  Total Score = 884

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

A little 20M action up here in New England for a change - yes!  Strong signals
from West Coast and TX/LA that band, but no copy on upper Midwest or Atlantic
seaboard.  40M was still the best band, but lots of simultaneous Qs on the same
frequency made copy rough.  Getting better at quickly unplugging and re-plugging
the keyboard when RFI locks it up at 100W, so dialed down to 50W and had fewer
of those interruptions on 80 and 160 as a result.  Had to resort to the paddle
for a few Qs on those keyboard lockups!

If Congress enacts permanent Daylight Savings Time, I am glad I am retired now -
could not do this year-round if I was still teaching early Friday lectures!

Many thanks for the Qs, and 73,

MikeNH