[3830] 432SprngSprnt K0BAK/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt K0BAK/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:42:12 +0000
                    432 MHz Spring Sprint - 2022

Call: K0BAK/R
Operator(s): K0BAK
Station: K0BAK/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: FN20
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Another windy sprint prevented fully extending my mast, and gusts rocked the
rover van. Relatively cold, after sunset wind chills were below freezing. More
successful than the 222 sprint though. Activated two grids FN10 & FN20;
tried a new operating spot in FN20ca that yielded good results. 6 PH, 1 CW, 16
FT8; 7 unique grids. On the way home the mast warning beep periodically came on
even though the mast was fully seated...maybe highway speed + wind = antennas
generating lift? Thanks to K1RZ for calling me to arrange a checkout contact
before the contest, and thanks to W2HYW for riding along and helping with setup
and teardown.