[3830] ARRL 10G+ K9PW 10G Plus

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9pw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10G+ K9PW 10G Plus
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 15:08:40 +0000
                    ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest - 2022

Call: K9PW
Operator(s): K9PW
Station: K9PW

Class: 10G Plus HP
QTH: MN, WI
Operating Time (hrs):

  10G:        43            78802
  24G:        13             6381
  47G:         7              837
  75G:
 123G:         2                2
 134G:
 241G:
Light:
-------------------------------------
Total:        65            86022  Total Score = 92,522

Club:

Team:

Comments:

For this year, it was Lake Superior in August & Lake Michigan in September.
Superior is activated once every 4-5 years, so on those years it typically has
lots of activity.  There were six stations in VE3, eleven in Michigan's Upper
Peninsula, six rovers on Superior's north shore as well as a few home stations
& rovers in southeastern MN.  Special thanks to Gary WB0LJC for organizing
this event.  At the north shore, we made 8-9 stops each day, using a total of
ten sites.

In September, we had record turnout on each side of the lake.  Thirteen stations
were active in various locations on the east side of the lake.  Including new
10G stations K8DP, KE8RJU & K8CLP.  The rover group on the west side of the
lake had seven stations (four full time).  We made seven stops on Saturday &
twelve on Sunday, using thirteen sites from Kenosha to Algoma.

One of the reasons we go to the Great Lakes is the possibility of enhanced
propagation which occurs in the afternoon.  This year it happened on each of the
four days!  At its best on 10 GHz, the enhancement was >60 dB.  The
enhancement extended to the higher bands but was partially reduced by increased
absorption caused by the high humidity present above the water.  Still many
stations made contacts across the lakes on 24 GHz as well as 47 GHz.  Some of
these were personal bests, which happened at Lake Superior.

FREQ   QSO  Call  DX(km), who
10G    360   43    488  K0KFC/VE3
24G     43   13    226  K9TMS, K3SIW
47G      8    7    160  K8ZR, K3SIW, AA9IL & WB8TGY
122G     2    2      1  K9TMS, W9SZ
Total  413   65