[3830] CQ WW RTTY K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig@k9ct.us
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 12:42:39 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9WX AI9T N4RR KT9L KD9LSV K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  395       54      42    16
   40: 1045       55      89    28
   20: 1460       56      95    31
   15: 1226       54      99    54
   10:  256       45      46    21
------------------------------------
Total: 4382      264     371    21  Total Score = 7,372,600

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

We had a great team that played hard for 48 hours. Everyone kept the us on the
air and looking for multipliers the entire time. Someone was always willing to
take a turn in the chair.

Connor, KD9LSV setup the Node Red Dashboard from Kyle, AA0Z so that we had lots
of statistics at our disposal. We tracked all of our possible competitors from
the online scoreboard and the team members for the log. I think everyone enjoyed
knowing what is going on and how to contribute to the score.

Propagation was better but we had to navigate the ups and downs of each band as
the contest progressed. 10m was obviously much better this year and we kept
testing it to see if we could run. 40 through 15 were the money bands. 15
dominated our attention as the opening to EU was tremendous. Lots of signals
with good signal strength. 20 would ebb and flow with the propagation and we
kept at it all the time. 20m would open before sunrise and a good relief from a
very slow 80m band. 15m would pop right after sunrise but get much better an
hour or two later. 10m really never opened to full EU but was in its best shape
each day about three hours after SR for an hour or two. N/S prop on 10m was good
most of the day. 40m opened well before sunset and we could run EU usually until
an hour or two after their sunrise.

Our food was excellent! The weather has turned to fall temps and chili started
us off! We had brats, pulled pork, and Italian beef sandwiches and such treats
as home made cookies, lemon bars and Krispy Kreme donuts to choose. The team
celebrated the conclusion at a local restaurant with pizza and beer. No one
loses weight!

Thanks to everyone on the team, Tim, K9WX; Steve, AI9T; Roger, N4RR; Larry,
KT9L; and Connor, KD9LSV for all of their individual contributions to the team
effort. Every time we operate together we gain more experience and show
improvement.

Thanks for the QSOs and see you soon in CQ WW

73, Craig K9CT