[3830] WAE RTTY NR4O Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nr4o@att.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY NR4O Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 01:47:24 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC - FM05
Operating Time (hrs): 27
OpMode: SO2R

   80:   90          84
   40:  297   130   162
   20:  182   220    90
   15:   98   180    90
   10:   43    69    50
-------------------------
Total:  710   599   476  Total Score = 623,084

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was quite a contest.  I had some really fun times(good runs on 40m), some
real frustrations(QTC entries), and a couple times I just wanted to call it
quits(very slow rates and no new S&P calls).  For a good bit of the time
spent it was just a slog.  Conditions weren't great.  But, all bands delivered
QSO's.  I'm sure signals would have been better if I had antennas with a little
gain pointed at Europe.  Still decent signal strengths were induced on my wire
antennas.  I think in some cases I was being heard better than I could hear.  I
didn't hear much of anything from the the Asia Pacific region. I didn't work the
usual VK and ZL stations that typically show up in DX contests.  I did have to
take some prime time off Saturday afternoon to help daughter and son-in-law with
some minor plumbing work. 80m had a lot of static from the storms that rolled
through east coast Friday evening.  Saturday was a little better.  But, activity
seemed a little light.  40m was my best band.  20m was better than usual.  15
and 10m were just OK.  I really wasn't able to establish any good sustained
runs.  Again, I really need antennas with gain that I just can't have on my
suburban lot.  I did remember to be more aggressive with sending and receiving
QTCs.  At the same time receiving QTCs were frustrating the first few times and
had to take a fair bit of time to sort out and edit table.  Most of the time the
N1MM software makes it easy.  But, when the order gets messed up because the
window scrolls just as you click on an entry.  By the end of the contest I was
much more comfortable with the process and avoided screwing things up badly.  I
was glad the EU ops seemed comfortable receiving more QTC than transmitting.
Turned out to be my best WAE RTTY score score with many more mults as well as
more Q's and QTC.  So, I'm pleased with the overall outcome.  Thanks for the Q's
and the patience with QTC delays.

73,
Eric - NR4O