[3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH(K0TG) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH(K0TG) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 19:28:38 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 27.5

Total:  QSOs = 1055  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 45  Total Score = 285,413

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

That was a lot better session than I expected before the contest.  45 countries
is a new record I beleive.  Usually hitting 30 is really good.

During the ARRL 160, NE9U encouraged me to get on the Contest Scoreboard.  I did
that again and that is fun to see where you are compared to other stations.  I
had used an earlier version of that maybe 10 years ago.  This one is really easy
to use.  All of the major logging programs support this. contestonlinescore.com

I missed not having the beverages this time around.  THere were some times that
I felt that I could use just a bit more boost to hear who was calling.  As quiet
as it is at the farm, the beverages would be a plus too.  It is a lot of effort
to put them back up each season though.  I did play with the diversity reception
on the Flex.  I used what we call the valley beam for that since it presents a
high SWR on TX.  But seems to hear ok.  THat did make a difference.  I need to
play with that feature a bit more too.

Sections missed:  DC, ND, NU, NWT, YT.

DX worked: 5B, JA, KH6, ZL, CM, HI, KL, KP2, KP4, V3, XE, PY, P4, PJ2, PJ4, 9A,
CT, DL, E7, EA, EI, F, G, GJ, GM, GW, HA, HB, HB0, I, LX, LY, OK, OM, ON, PA,
S5, SM, SP, UA, UR, YL, CT3, EA8, IG9

Thanks to Mary for letting me come out and play again.  Also for suggesting that
I use the toboggan to haul things up the hill to the chalet (what we call the
shack building) as I could not park by the building.  That saved a couple trips
hauling things thru the snow.  Probably about 100 feet to the building.  At
least the snow was not quite as deep as what had fallen ans the wind blew a lot
of it away.  But it was still probably a good 6-8 inches deep up the hill.

73, John  K0TG