[3830] IARU PJ4DX SOAB(A)SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, teleniuslowe@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU PJ4DX SOAB(A)SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 14:09:37 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: PJ4DX
Operator(s): PJ4DX
Station: PJ4DX

Class: SOAB(A)SSB HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   0       0      0        3
   80:   0       6      3        3
   40:   0      38      8       25
   20:   0     105     15       26
   15:   0     311     23       35
   10:   0      50     10       15
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     510     59      104  Total Score = 337,736

Club:

Comments:

Discovered a broken 17m element wire on the 6-band Hexbeam a day or two before
the contest. Thought this would not be a problem on the contest bands but the
wind blew the broken wire on to the 20m and 15m elements, causing the SWR to
fluctuate wildly. This also caused the loss of rig control, so I had to enter
the band manually each time I changed bands. High levels of absorption in the
tropics in summertime meant  weak signals during daylight hours. 73 Steve PJ4DX.