[3830] SS CW W4AAA(KK9A) SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@w4aaa.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W4AAA(KK9A) SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 05:00:25 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W4AAA
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: W4AAA

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   57
   40:  487
   20:  379
   15:   15
   10:    2
------------

Club:

Comments:

One of the challenges of the ARRL November Sweepstakes is working all of the
sections. This year a few changes were made to the RAC sections and the total
number of multipliers became 85. My logging software is a very old version of
Writelog, fortunately I was able to update its data file for these changes. I
had a second radio set up just for working the rarer sections early in the
contest. Despite my continuous multiplier searching while also running stations,
I was still missing five sections when I took my sleep break. I did find the
remaining multipliers on Sunday and got the SWEEP with <8 hours of op time
left. Getting the SWEEP is always gratifying and I appreciate the efforts of
those that activated rarer areas. The section that appeared in my log the most
was IL, my former QTH, and the least worked were ONN, NV, TER and VI. I always
felt that my 20m beams were too high and too large for domestic contests so I
built a 3el OWA beam using scrap tubing and mounted it on a rotator 40 feet
high. I am not sure how well this worked, I did have better than typical 20m
runs on Saturday however conditions were unusual. 80m is usually a very good
band from NC but this year my CQs there were mostly unanswered. I fell short of
my 1000 QSO goal. Between the limited activity and the geomagnetic storm, it
became grueling on Sunday afternoon trying to find and work new stations. Thank
you for the QSO’s, please QSL via WD9DZV.

73,
John KK9A
http://www.w4aaa.com