[3830] CQWW CW K5KG M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, GIWAGNER@k5kg.com, FCG@k5kg.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5KG M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:55:34 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG K4NMR AA4NP NB1U
Station: K5KG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 46:43

  160:   15     7       10
   80:  193    20       81
   40:  708    32      110
   20:  614    34      113
   15:  594    37      117
   10:  571    32      111
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was an excellent weekend for our team.  Jim, AA4NP was present for the full
time.  Tom, K4NMR was here from Sat afternoon to the finish, and Mark, NB1U was
here from 7am, Sun to the end.  K5KG was here the whole time. The four ops
equally shared duty on the Run and Mult stations, although special attention was
paid to the Mult station to maximize the mult count. Additionally, the Run
station late on Sunday made frequent band changes (while observing the 10m min
rule)to pick up mults. This paid off, as the last mult (RU0LL) was made at
23:58z.

Station:
RUN - K4D + KPA1500
MULT - K3 + KPA500
ANTENNAS - Triband yagi at 60', triband yagi at 30' pointing south, 2el 40m yagi
at 75', 80m inv L, 160m inv L. Rx - HiZ vert.
FAILURES - KPA500 developed a fault on 10m. Unknown cause late on Sun, yet to be
investigated.

Band condx were generally good, although 15m took a lull around 1800z on Sat. 80
& 160 were excellent on Fri night, but a let down on Sat night. 40m yielded
the highest Q's, and 15m gave us the most countries. 10m woke up early both
mornings.

High 5's to our friends in Iceland (TF3SG) and Andorra (C37N).

OJ, George K5KG