[3830] ARRL 160 W1UJ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ujay@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W1UJ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 16:10:01 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: W1UJ
Operator(s): W1UJ
Station: W1UJ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 1

Total:  QSOs = 66  Sections = 29  Countries = 0  Total Score = 3,828

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Worked on digging out my old FCP from under fallen branches and frozen ground
and the big variable vacuum cap was shattered inside.   Got everything working
and piped the radiator in which was my 40m Zepp antenna repurposed as a flat-top
Marconi.

More testing needs to happen, but I was able to make some QSOs and it happily
took power.

Moved to this configuration after blowing up Amp #2's 160m LPF trying to run
power on 160m with the 40m Zepp and a tuner.   Hope to not do that again.

Band was noisy.  Was fun to mess around for ~1 hour.

UJay