[AMPS] SB1000 grid current

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB1000 grid current
From: ni6t@scruznet.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 23:11:16 -1000
Rich Measures wrote:

> Eimac does not have a max. grid current spec. for the 3-500z.
(snip)
>   I haven't seen anything were Eimac discuss adjusting for a specified
> grid current in a g-g amplifier tube.  .

However, there IS a spec for maximum grid power dissipation
(approximately equals peak grid-to-cathode driving voltage x peak grid
current/4) which for the 3-500Z is 20W. The max driving voltage is
usually 115-130 V peak, producing .4 A or so peak grid
current--corresponding to about 125 ma dc grid current and 13 or 14 W of
grid dissipation. It does appear that to damage a 3-500Z grid requires
driving it way out of the linear range.
--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
Editor, "The DXer," newsletter of the NCDXC