[AMPS] Grid capacitors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Grid capacitors
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 97 10:35:01 -0700
>At 06:45 AM 7/13/97 +0000, Rich Measures wrote:
>>>Rich Measures wrote:
>>>(BTW, Rich, this "Rauchian" word of yours is getting bloody irritating.
>>>It wins you no friends.)
>>>
>>During the parasitics debate, Mr. Rauch was the person who said that such
>>gas was intermittent,  auto-disappeared, and therefore could not
>>subsequently be detected with a high-potential tester.  Intermittent,
>>disappearing gas inside the envelope of a power grid electron tube is
>>therefore Rauchian gas.  However,  none of the gassy tubes I have in my
>>collection has become less gassy, so I am somewhat skeptical, Ian.
>>
>>-  RE:  irritation:  I am not here to win friends.
>>
>>R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K
>
>Rich,
>
>I'm confused by your first paragraph above. Are you addressing Ian's
>statement about the word Rauchian, or, what are you addressing? There is no
>continuity between the Ian quote and your first paragraph.

George Owell wrote *Animal Farm* (a lampoon of communism).  Hence the
term 'orwellian'.  Joe Stalin et al presumably found the term 'orwellian'
irritating.

>It appears that Ian (and myself I might add) is irritated with your
>obsessive use of "Rauchian". You quote Ian and then your opening paragraph
>after the quote doesn't address Ian's point. (that he is becoming irritated
>with the use of "Rauchian".) There is no LOGICAL connection between your
>quoting Ian and the following paragraph.
>
>What gives Rich?

I simply could not care less whether any person or persons finds the
terms orwellian, keynesian or rauchian 'bloody irritating'.  Why not give
these men credit?
- What is the difference between saying 'Mr. Rauch's intermittent,
disappearing gas theory' and 'rauchian gas'?   Now it looks like he's
getting into aquatic arthropods.  I was hoping that we could discuss the
3CX3000F1 (Mu=5) Class AB2 G-G amplifier, but no such luck.
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K