[AMPS] arcs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] arcs
From: Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 16:17:11 +0100
Rich, you say:

>-  I do not believe that an 8877's grid can be gold-sputtered by an
arc.

I don't know what the 8877 grid looks like after it has had the gold
boiled. But I would surmise that IF it was boiled by an arc, there would
be one spot on the grid totally boiled and burnt, where the arc struck,
and the gold progressively less boiled off as you got further away from
the burnt spot. If the gold is burnt off more or less uniformly around
the grid, then I would argue for the problem being grid dissipation,
i.e. the grid has been heated more or less uniformly by grid current.

I guess I have really stuck my neck out now!

73

Peter G3RZP