[AMPS] The Emtron DX2 amp: A 50ohm 50 Watt resistor in B+?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] The Emtron DX2 amp: A 50ohm 50 Watt resistor in B+?
From: pgerba@crl.com (Peter Gerba)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 12:49:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Chris & Phil;

As you both know I earn my living as a photographer.  Lots of photoflash
stories in the SF area.  I think the worst I can remember was at Macy's
studio in the 70s. A large (2500 watt/second) pack (power supply) went
bad at a high flash rate, likely 3 or more frames/second, and blew the
side off of the unit. It reportedly deposited pieces of metal into a near
by wall. A model had just walked by the unit the metal missing her legs
by just a few feet. Big caps, lots of Jules. Lots of heat.  The flash
tubes also go but most of us use reflectors so the glass fires into the
reflector.

cu, pete

Peter Gerba
pgerba@crl.com