[AMPS] AWSOME AMP>>>

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AWSOME AMP>>>
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 98 17:08:56 -0600
>How about 2 months ago...I spoke with the individual you purchased it from.
>Are you stretching things a bit?

I think he is.  In a previous post he mentioned CBers with 50 KW
stations.  Uh, I don't know about you, but that is one hell of a lot of
power.  The tubes alone to run that much power cost 30K to 40K each!
Can't run 50KW with a 3CX1200A7!  Well, I suppose you could if you
paralled up about 50 of them.  But given the fact that the tubes have
maybe 15 dB gain, then you'd need driver stages and everything.  Oh
heavens, then you'd have to do high power combining networks, etc.  And
imagine the current draw!  You'd also need feedline much heavier than RG8
which can only handle about 1300 watts.  Oh yes, what about the antenna?
Couldn't run 50 KW through a standard CB antenna found at the local
Trucker's Haven.

Gee, imagine what would happen at 50 KW with just a 1.8:1 SWR on the
antenna.  Know how much power is being reflected at you? 4100 watts!
YIKES!

This guy is losing more and more credibility every minute.  Kinda makes
me chuckle!

Jon
KE9NA

-> Covert member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy <-

Jon Ogden

jono@webspun.com

www.qsl.net/ke9na