[AMPS] Re: big boy toys

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: big boy toys
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:19:59
At 02:17 AM 3/11/98 -0800, you wrote:

>What about the chap who lives at the bottom of a canyon,  who has a 900ft
>run of RG213 to his antenna at the top of the canyon?  The power that
>goes into the feedline is not what gets transmitted.  My guess is that
>the fcc inspectors will make allowances, such as the 10% tolerance on the
>1500w limit.
>

>cheers
>Rich...

Oh, I understand about feedline losses.  In any case, the reg is
transmitter output.  I'd like to think the inspectors would cut us 10
percent slack.  I'd like even more to think of them dropping in on one of
those CBer mobile contests!

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"