[AMPS] FET Wanted

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FET Wanted
From: vk6apk@faroc.com.au (Alek Petkovic)
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 18:45:24 +0800
G'day all,
              I know this is reflector is perhaps a little off track for
this kind of request but it's the best place to find people with a bit of
technical knowledge.

I have a 14V/20A switchmode power supply which is in need of a new Power
MOSFET. The one that's in the supply has got a hole in it and all the smoke
has escaped from within. I need to find a new one with all the smoke still
inside.

The type number of the transistor is IRFPE50. It's a 800V device capable of
14A or so.
I have found one source for it here in Australia but I'm not prepared to
pay the sort of money they want for the thing.

Does anybody know of a source in W land or G land or anywhere else for that
matter where this beast can be purchased without taking out a second
mortgage on the wife and children.

Please write if you can assist.

Thanks and 73,
Alek, VK6APK.