[AMPS] arcing in tube?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] arcing in tube?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 12:07:23 -0500
I decided to sell off my 4-1000A "collection" about 4 years ago. Of  the
33 tubes I had only 2 were thrown away. About 5, if I recollect,  took
many hours of very red plates but they all recovered and were tested on
10M at 5200V.
Several had 1960's era date codes, and numerous brands.

Off to work, be back in about 12 hours.

73  Carl  KM1H

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 16:23:27 -0000  Peter Chadwick
<Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com> writes:

>       Carl says:
>
>       >Crank up the idle current until the plate shows red Dick, let
>cook
>for
>       >several hours with lots of air.  You might have to do this
>in
>stages of
>       >increasing voltage, depending upon how much gas has
>accumulated.
>Use a
>       >series surge resistor.
>
>What sort of success rate do you figure on with this Carl? Obviously,
>you're
>not offering a guarantee, but it would be interesting to know what
>the
>success rate is. Of course, Dick's got nothing to lose - except the
>electric
>bill!
>
>73
>
>Peter G3RZP
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]