[AMPS] WTD:40-50A Switching Supply

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] WTD:40-50A Switching Supply
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:00:58 -0800
I have used the Astron SS25M . Regulation is a bit better than linear
regulated supplies. Caution. Switchers generate numerous rf signals during
their switching action. If you use coax feed to antennas which are
reasonably distant these signals are probably inaudible. If you are using a
nearby vertical or an inverted L or such, you may hear these signals. The
Astron is quieter than any commercial types (Lambda, etc)I have used. I can
hear stuff from the Astron if I stick a clip lead ant on my receiver. When
using external coax fed ants no problem. 73, Dan, N5AR