[AMPS] Re: SERIOUS commentary from N4XY on "no-code" and "bounced" sub

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: SERIOUS commentary from N4XY on "no-code" and "bounced" submission to [CW] from Bob Marston, K1TA [LONG] but please read all
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 22:57:52 -0600
>My beam works just fine . What about the rest of 40--from 7.05 to 7.150? I
>repeat--virtually empty!

Not on my radio.

The majority of DX reported on my local cluster is on 40m CW.  Also,
there is plenty on 80m CW and almost all of the DX use CW on 160.

There is plenty of CW work.  I am always running into the problem that
the CW ops that decide to go up the band to the 7.075 or so and operate
interfere with my RTTY/Pactor, etc.

Also, I can go into the novice band on 40 m any night and end up with a
nice slow speed rag chew.

At night, I can find people to talk to with CW. Not with phone.  Because
of our stupid 40 m restrictions, 40M phone is worthless at night.  80M
requires you to either have a sked or know someone.  RARELY does anyone
respond to a "CQ."  Once in a while when the band is quiet I can work DX.
 But with CW, I can ALWAYS find someone to chat with.  And they answer my
CQs.  And it is almost always cordial.  I've never had a CW op accuse me
of taking "his" frequency.  It's happened many times on phone.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden