[AMPS] HV Switching Supply

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HV Switching Supply
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 12:28:08 -0500

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:26:05 -0500 "Steve Iezzi" <siezzi@aeronix.com>
writes:

>>  I presume (possibly incorrectly) that it isn't going to have lots
>of
>capacity in the
>> >output like a linear supply. If so, then the feedback loop
>bandwidth
>needs to
>> >extend to several kHz if problems are to be avoided.
>> >
>> >73
>> >Peter G3RZP
>> >

>My impression from the original post was that this would be an open
>loop
>switching supply.  A typical low loss forward converter would give
>reasonable (5 to 10 %) performance without the grief of closing the
>loop.
>
>Steve KT4FY

The HV section is planned as an open loop Steve. It all actually depends
on performance vs cost.  A HV regulation of  10% or better should be
sufficient and I'm told 5% will be easy to do with an open loop and
readily available filter caps.

Sorry for the confusion but I'm in the learning stage here on switchers.
All the posts here are being saved and I'll talk to my expert this coming
weekend.

73  Carl  KM1H

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]