[AMPS] Step start delay?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Step start delay?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:34:13 -0500

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:30:42 -0600 KE3OK <ke3ok@netins.net> writes:

>Hi Gang,
>
>I'm just a neophyte with amplifiers but I'm learning, please excuse
>my
>ignorance.  I'm installing a step start kit in my L-4B amplifier.  It
>has
>two 48V DC relays in parallel with 10 ohm 10 watt resistors.  I don't
>want
>to _borrow_ relay coil power from the place that the step start kit
>manufacturer suggests.  The instructions suggest I tap into the
>voltage
>used for tube cut off.  I want to get the voltage to trip the relays
>from
>the AC power input.  I need to make a circuit that will delay the
>relay for
>1/2 a second.  I realize that the power supply is designed to handle
>the
>inrush without the step start but I want to save wear and tear on my
>irreplaceable on/off switch.  What are your suggestions or ideas?
>Thanks
>in advance and 73,

Suggestion??  Throw it all away and leave as is. Except for an unproven
potential problem with a 20-30yr old switch there is absolutely no reason
to use a step start in that amp...other than to increase the profits of
the seller.

I have a few hundred irreplaceable switches on hand when old age finally
catches up to them and a really enterprising ham cant figure out how to
repair the original.

73  Carl  KM1H

 .

>Al
>KE3OK@netins.net
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]