[AMPS] Band Pass Filtering

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Band Pass Filtering
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 99 17:00:44 -0500
>Hey guys, before you get too carried away on where you think the filter
>should be placed, remember that Jon talked to the guy who makes them and he
>said the go between the tx and the amp. End of story!
>
>If you think that this is not the right way to do it, then you need to find
>a filter that has been intended, by the manufacturer, to go after the amp.
>
>If the people from ICE honor their warranty with filters that have been
>busted by putting them after the amp, then I think they are being more than
>generous.

I must say that ICE's customer service has been good.  The point is that
I do believe a filter should go AFTER an amplifier.  But I've been wrong
on other things and I could be wrong on this too.  I am seriously
thinking of getting filters from DCI as theirs are able to handle a
higher power level.  They are 2.5 times the price, but it may be worth
it.

The units are spec'd at 200 Watts ICS.  So, what exactly is the
definition of ICS?

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na