[AMPS] explain this one

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] explain this one
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:08:31 -0700

>Hi Rich,
>
>Tom wrote:
>>Rich has to have it his way, because it helps sell parts and kits.
>>Just like the "high quality expensive diodes" that he pays extra for
>>but won't name the manufacturer.
>
>Rich replied:
>?  To find out, I would have to walk out to the breezeway.  .  How about
>naming some good manufacturers and some not so good manufacturers, in
>your opinion, before I take the walk, Tom.
>
>Regardless of what Tom or anyone says are good or bad manufacturers, how
>does this bear on what you actually have to offer for sale?

?  none

>Would the brand
>that you have in your possession right now or offer for sale change based on
>what Tom deems is good or bad?

?  no

> Are you worried that Tom would poo-poo
>whatever brand you carry?

?  What, me worry?

>What is the failure rate of these diodes as reported from your customers?

?  As I recall, one customer miswired some and destroyed them.
Otherwise, out of seven reels, there have been no other reported
problems.

>The rest of us can decide for ourselves.
>
>I'm curious, what brand of 1N5408 diodes do you have available for sale?

?  I would have to go look.

>What method(s) did you use to avoid buying "the cheap stuff"?

?    Easy.  I paid $110 per reel at Digikey.  Maybe I should have shopped
around.

-  cheers, Dan.

Rich...