[AMPS] Re: [Henry] Henry 3KA console - tube filament problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: [Henry] Henry 3KA console - tube filament problem
From: KA2YKC@aol.com (KA2YKC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 01:10:06 EDT
Finally had a chance to get back to the Henry 3KA project.

After removing the RF deck and inspecting the tube sockets and their
connections, I was puzzled when all looked good, just as the ohmmeter proved
before disassembly.

As per the original schematic, the filaments were actually wired in series.

Upon closer inspection, I found that one of the four screws holding the
socket in place was missing, and on the bottom side, this screw actually
fastened to ground  a lug which had a grid resistor and bypass cap soldered
to it.  Open grid pin!

Thanks to all for the suggestions and offers of sockets.

73 Eric
KK2ED (ex ka2ykc)

In a message dated 10/11/99 1:56:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,