[AMPS] Italians and power?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Italians and power?
From: nx7u@arrl.net (Scott Townley)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 15:02:27 +0000
And I've always wondered kinda the same thing here.  I've been running HF mobile
for the past few weeks, and I've been getting thru "OK", even busting a few
medium-sized pileups, with 100W and a Hustler.
Now this weekend no-one can hear me, even in the clear.
My guess is that, especially in EU, the pre-amps are OFF and the attenuators are
ON and the SSB filters are NARROW to keep the poor front-end from losing its
smoke.  There's a lot of voltage in the air for that poor RX!

Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ