[AMPS] Alpha 78 Grid/Plate Current

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha 78 Grid/Plate Current
From: heatwole@clark.net (Nat Heatwole)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 21:13:09 -0500 (EST)
I recently acquired an Alpha 78 HF amp and am wondering how high I should
let the Grid Current and Plate Current peak at on SSB, CW, and RTTY. I
realize that this information is in the manual, but I find for things like
this that talking to people who actually own one tends to be a lot more
reliable then what the manual says. Also, if you have any "tricks" or
suggestions for better operation of the amp I would be interested in those
as well. Thanks a lot and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

73 de Nat,
KB3CBW in FM19