[AMPS] Re:

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:
From: RichyRusso@aol.com (RichyRusso@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 01:31:04 EST
In a message dated 12/11/99 1:15:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rbigg@pcola.gulf.net writes:

<< ust got my Kenwood SM-220 monitor scope hooked up and running to keep an
 eye on my exciter and final signal quality.  Which display do I use, and
 what do I look for to detect rf feedback in the signal without putting a
 trashy signal on the air?  I know my TS-430S has a case of rf feedback, and
 I'm working on that.  The thing I want to do is to be able to know that by
 looking at the scope, therefore avoiding putting out a bad signal and having
 someone tell me it's bad.  My rf plumbing from the transceiver and final run
 through the back of the scope. >>

 Seriously look at the mic for the rf feedback, a common complaint with some
older Kenwoods using an Amp and a Kenwood Desk Mic. I believe some decoupling
caps inside the connector would "weed out" that demon... Also make sure there
are no peripheral devices in line when in use such as HF TNC's, SSTV or RTTY
converters etc.. You also may want to add some ferrites to the ALC line, mic
cords etc.. Check your supply and make sure there are good grounds and that
the antenna is not in close proximity to the station...Good Luck.. Richy