[AMPS] PEP Philosophy - Finally

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] PEP Philosophy - Finally
From: fisher@pldi.net (Fisher)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:09:23 -0000
Hi to a FB bunch of Amplifier Lovers -

Sorry for delay in getting this info to you.  It turns out, that the
software that contesting.com uses has a list of keywords that, if found in
an email, will cause its rejection.  One of those words starts with a "V"
and ends with irus.  The good news is that the delay gave me time to improve
the drawing a little and to learn a little HTML.  (No, I didn't send a V...,
that word was used in one of the emails.)

At my brand new web site is an improved illustration about PEP,  a copy of
the email that I wrote to Ian, G3SEK et al, plus Ian's
clarification/correction/confirmation response to my email (paragraph by
paragraph) re: my understanding of PEP and its related measurement (which I
acquired from previous correspondence with him and others that posted to
AMPS and to me directly):

        http://www.pldi.net/~fisher/

Hopefully, the info there will clear up the misunderstandings of some about
just what PEP is.  At different times over the years, I had arrived at
similar conclusions as to what is presented there - but - I always
eventually discounted those reasonably correct conclusions based on comments
and unclear or erroneous  writings of others.   Maybe some of the same has
been true for you, too.  Now, maybe we can be the one's to, by word of mouth
or whatever, start getting the record set straight among the amateur
community.

It really isn't that hard - and there is nothing to debate (as far as what
PEP, in and of itself, is).  I'll bet those will be famous last words.
Check it out.

I am NOT any kind of radio electronics expert or P.E.P. expert by any
stretch of the imagination - my part is just an email full of questions
about my understanding.  With that knowledge, contact me if you have any
questions.

cul, Lu K5YP