[AMPS] Rich is back, now how about KM1H ???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Rich is back, now how about KM1H ???
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:10:51 -0600
on 2/21/00 1:10 PM, Vic Rosenthal at rakefet@rakefet.com wrote:

> Good idea.  I would also like to see Tom, W8JI, too.  Perhaps these guys would
> agree not to try to kill each other!  I remember reading an article in which
> someone said that a software company could only have one super-programmer at a
> time; the writer compared them to Siamese Fighting Fish.  Guess this applies
> amplifier gurus as well.

While, it would be great to have these guys back it won't work for long.
Mr. Measures cannot stand anyone who disagrees with him and all points of
view that contradict his are wrong.  And he will needle people on misspoke
phrases and words and twist them to use them against people.  Rich and Tom
cannot stand each other.  Too bad.  A real technical discussion would be
great.

Frankly, I care not who is on AMPS.  I used to be very active here but
because of all the stuff that Mr. Measures always throws out and my
propensity to want to do battle against it, I've stopped reading the list
for the most part.  It takes too much time and isn't worth it.  That's what
just about all the people who disagree with Rich do eventually.  This is
really Rich Measure's list as far as I can see.  I've been kicked off the
list in the past and no one came running to my help.

Some of you guys complained that without Rich, there was nothing on amps and
it was boring.  Well, frankly, boring and strictly technical would be nice.
I get my entertainment elsewhere and I have a job that requires me to work
at it rather than just read e-mail.  I'd love it if amps had about a third
of the posts because 1/3 of them are entire messages requoted 10 times with
the words "I agree" or "right on" tacked onto the bottom, the other third
are personal attacks or nothing to do with amplifiers - such as this post.
So I am guilty of it too.

73,

Jon
KE9NA