[AMPS] RE: Power handling of Coax

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RE: Power handling of Coax
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 09:57:11 -0500
> > So there is really and truly no such thing as a super-conductor?
>
> Even a super-conductor has loss, Rich.  Just like there is truly no such
> thing as a non-inductive resistor.

And one last point I forgot to add.  Even if you DID have a coax with ideal
conductors (lossless) and it used a real world (not lossless) dielectric,
you would still have attenuation of the signal down the line.  The
dielectric is not just an insulator.  The only way you'd have no losses and
no heating would be to have lossless conductors and a lossless dielectric.
Both are impossible.

73,

Jon
NA9D