[AMPS] SS750 output -- more tests

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SS750 output -- more tests
From: rakefet@rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 07:21:41 -0700
Phil Clements wrote:

> ATT-2 is switched in @ 20 meters and up. ATT-1 is hard wired in all the time.
> Don't
> forget to count that one also.

Mine has the 2 db attenuator (AT1) in all of the time and the 3 db one (AT2) is
switched in on 160, 80, and 40 meters.

>Your figures were very interesting, Vic. Did you
> log the
> collector current also?

Not on this test, though I did on the previous test on all bands with 100
watts.  I can do it, though.

> Thanks for the dope on the ATT-2 filter. I had no idea what its value
> was.
> I have no idea what the value of ATT-1 is either, nor its wattage rating.

I don't know about the wattage, but the attenuation is as given above.  I just
unscrewed the relay mounting plate and looked at the attenuators.  I don't think
this is an attenuation issue because of the way the gain drops off as the power
increases.  If there were too much attenuation, I would expect the gain to be
the same at 10 and 100w output.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA