[AMPS] Two Questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Two Questions
From: rakefet@rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:43:51 -0700
William Fuqua wrote:

>    Well, I got only one response to my questions.
> And he did not have a solution to the problem with the
> B&W 850 rib replacement. He did know what did  not work.
>    And I had no responses to the first question about using
> either grid or plate neutralization circuits with common cathode triode amps.
> Surely someone has some answers of suggestions.

If the amplifier is single-ended, you can theoretically use a pi-output circuit
with a balanced grid circuit to provide a place to hang the neutralizing
capacitor.  However, I suspect that there may be problems getting consistent
neutralization over several bands with the usual switched pi-network, because
stray coupling outside of the tube would vary from band to band.  I believe that
the classical push-pull triode amplifier (usually with plug-in coils) avoids
this problem if built symmetrically.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA