[AMPS] info

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] info
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:14:03 +0000
At 08:46 AM 8/13/00 -0700, nospam4me@juno.com wrote:

>Hello again,
>
>A few of you have Emailed me direct to ask about the script vi which
>has shown it's face from amps member computers.
>
>This vi goes behind the scene and uses your Email address book
>to send itself out to people who are in your saved messages and
>folder book.  This is all done without your knowledge anytime you
>send a batch of Email out.
>
>Norton and MacAffee appear to take it out ok.

Fortunately, Eudora simply captured it as the "sig" but did not let it
execute as a script -- which seems to be uniquely an Outlook problem.
McAfee had to be told to scan files with .ht* extensions as if they were
program files.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at