[AMPS] Mount pi-net capacitors vertically

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Mount pi-net capacitors vertically
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:47:23 +0200
In a frequency where the box ground path could be noticeable the large
HF vaacum capacitor would be already out of matter because of their
stray inductance.
Practically speaking, the output circuits at VHF/UHF are different than
at HF and generally use cavities and resonant lines.
Capacitors are generally realized with flat plates and dielectric
materials like Kapton or Teflon(thin foils).

73
Mauri I4JMY

<amps@contesting.com>
> Cc      :
> Date    : Fri, 15 Sep 2000 06:45:54 -0400
> Subject : Re: [AMPS] Mount pi-net capacitors vertically
>

> Subject:              Re: [AMPS] Mount pi-net capacitors vertically
> Date sent:            Thu, 14 Sep 2000 22:04:06 -0700
> From:                 measures <2@vc.net>
> To:                   "jeff millar" <jeff@wa1hco.mv.com>, "AMPS"
<amps@contesting.com>

> > >I went to the site mentioned a few days ago with all the amp
pictures,
> > >http://www.angenent.org/W7IUV/amp-pix.htm and noted that most of
these
> > >put the vacuum variables horizontal with the tuning shafts
straight out
> > >the front panel.  With all the talk about stray inductance and
grounding,
> > >I'd like to ask why they all do this?
> > >
> > ?  Builders who use horiz. mounting apparently did not read the
Jennings