[AMPS] 77SX

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 77SX
From: ianpurdie@integritynet.com.au (Ian C. Purdie VK2TIP)
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 09:36:22 +1100
paul wrote:

> I know of nowhere in Europe that uses Ground as a return, certainly not
> in the EEC, could you please identify this place. I would like to know
> in case I should go there and electrocute myself with my UK electrical
> appliances (which are CE approved - a European standard) and which use
> NEUTRAL as the return and not ground.
>
> Ground is only used for a safety earth in Europe please note!

I thought UK was the same as Australia and used the M.E.N. (multiple earth
neutral) system.

Here at every meter box the earth is tied back to the neutral link. In
recent years the water service earth has been electrically insulated from
the water mains in new installations for safety reasons and earth stakes
employed.

I have  encountered many "live" earth systems in my life as a plumber. Take
nothing for granted.

http://www.electronics-tutorials.com/basics/earth-dangers.htm

72/73's

Ian Purdie
"I believe Australia is the best address on earth"
Budgewoi N.S.W. Australia - Co-ords S33°14', E151°34'
My FREE Newsletter: http://www.electronics-tutorials.com/subscribe.htm
VK2TIP "I'll give ya the TIP mate" QRP-L #1978. SOC #171 FP#91
URL - http://www.electronics-tutorials.com/