[AMPS] TL-922A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] TL-922A
From: cunhalopes@mail.telepac.pt (Joao Lopes)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:31:30 -0000
Hi all.
The 922 is my first amp.
I've looked for the 3-500Z specs on the net so I could set some limits in
order not to abuse the tubes.
Could not find such information (some simple info is on rf parts site).
How far can I push Ip and Ig on my 922 keeping the tubes safe?

Another thing... looks like this amp had trouble before. Bandswitch seems ok
but zener is not original (1N3306B is a 7.5V 50W zener). On circuit it
measures 7.0V. ZASC in CW is only 80mA and is SSB is only 150W. Po seems
low. HV seems ok so right now my focus is on raising Ip on ZAS. Heard arcing
with old tubes. No arcing heard with new tubes.

Apart from zener being 0.5V off I can't find anything wrong.
If you have any suggestion...