No subject

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: billydeanward@hotmail.com (Billy Ward)
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 02:49:01 -0000
E sub zero and end at E infinity-1. The closed form solution is an integral
where each interval in the summation is infinitessimally small. Fortunately,
the discrete approximation used by Bill (360 intervals) converges to the value
given by the closed form integral solution very quickly as the size of the
intervals is reduced. This is Issac Newton's other contribution to mankind -
calculus. 73 de Mike, W4EF........... </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>100% correct Mike; however, most of us do not go into calculus when
doing simple calculations. In fact the average RF design engineer hardly ever
uses calculus on most of the simple problems. We use computer programs in place
of calculus and the computer does the calculus for us.
<DIV></DIV>I wish I could do formulas on this reflector instead of having to
spell it out. But, I have said it as well as I know how to with out doing a
drawing. I do not know if this reflector will work with html or not but I have
known the formula for RMS since 1954 when I was 11 years old. I guess I was not
able to say it in plain language without drawing pictures.
<DIV></DIV>It used to look kind of like this:
<DIV></DIV>E sub 1squared + E sub 2 squared + E sub 3squared + E sub 4squared
...to 360
<DIV></DIV>Then place a Square Root sign over the whole thing!
<DIV></DIV>Billy Dean Ward<br clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN
Explorer at <a