[AMPS] TS-930 vs 830 etc.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] TS-930 vs 830 etc.
From: n1nk@home.com (Jim Spears)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 22:19:04 -0400
marv is correct on the different models and generations.  one of the
original problems that the 930 was plagued with was a problem on the main
processor board that resulted in the frequency display going out.  this
happened to me numerous times.  finally I ran across the PIEXX replacement
board.  much better and more functionality.  brought the 930 back to life
and I don't have to buy a new transceiver at this time.  can use the money
for a tower.

I upgraded from a 830 to a 930 a long time ago and there is no comparison.
the 930 was a much better rig and much easier to use than the newer models
from kenwood although much less computer control capable.  the PIEXX board
adds some computer control.

we had much better results operating field day and contests from K6QEH and
W6TMD with the 930s than the 830s a few years ago.

jim spears
N1NK
x AB6R