[AMPS] Need help with HV Power Supply for 3CX800A7

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Need help with HV Power Supply for 3CX800A7
From: K7xq@aol.com (K7xq@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:26:13 EDT

--part1_a1.1a81b34b.28bf4495_boundary

       I a wondering if someone can help me rebuild a HV Power Supply for a
3CX800A7. I received a used amplifier and power supply from someone and found
that the filter bank needed to be replaced. I removed all the capacitors and
replaced them. The problem is that I forgot to write down  how they were
connected before I disassembled them. The problem is how the transformer and
rectifier are connected to the capacitor bank. The rectifier is some kind of
part made by VARO P/N# VC60X. When looking how it might have been connected
before, it looks like it wasn't configured for a full wave rectifier rather
it looks like some special kind of half wave rectifier with one of the
outputs of the HV transformer going directly to either the output HV or to
ground. All of the schematics I can find always show each side of the
transformer must "see" a rectifier before it goes to the filter bank or a
output.

Unfortunately, I cannot get a schematic of how this power supply was build
before. Can anyone help me with this strange problem ??

Jeff K7XQ

--part1_a1.1a81b34b.28bf4495_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  SIZE=2>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I a wondering if someone can help me
rebuild a HV Power Supply for a
<BR>3CX800A7. I received a used amplifier and power supply from someone and
found
<BR>that the filter bank needed to be replaced. I removed all the capacitors
and
<BR>replaced them. The problem is that I forgot to write down &nbsp;how they
were
<BR>connected before I disassembled them. The problem is how the transformer
and
<BR>rectifier are connected to the capacitor bank. The rectifier is some kind
of
<BR>part made by VARO P/N# VC60X. When looking how it might have been connected
<BR>before, it looks like it wasn't configured for a full wave rectifier rather
<BR>it looks like some special kind of half wave rectifier with one of the
<BR>outputs of the HV transformer going directly to either the output HV or to
<BR>ground. All of the schematics I can find always show each side of the
<BR>transformer must "see" a rectifier before it goes to the filter bank or a
<BR>output.
<BR>
<BR>Unfortunately, I cannot get a schematic of how this power supply was build
<BR>before. Can anyone help me with this strange problem ??
<BR>
<BR>Jeff K7XQ
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>