[AMPS] Series C at tube, Sorry, for C read L

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Series C at tube, Sorry, for C read L
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 07:04:22 -0700

>Sorry, brain slipped out of gear. Meant Series L.
>cheers

//    More tubes in parallel proportionately lowers RL and
proportionately increases the amount of C-Tune needed to achieve the
desired Q of 10 to 15.  Thus, using 1, 813 or 6, 813s is essentially the
same game.  More tubes simply means Lower RL, More C-tune/C-load, Less
tank L, and More RF circulating current (approx. = Q x I-anode.).  This
matter is yet another one of amateur-radio's, brain slipped out of gear,
tired old wives' tales.

cheerio, Barry.

>Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD
>Signal Hill Homestay