[AMPS] New to list.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] New to list.
From: w5lu@hotmail.com (S. J. Blackwell)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:20:24 +0000
Ron,
It is known that many pushpull transistor amps of the type in the Motorola
app notes designed by Helge Grenberg will oscillate with low pass filters on
both the input and output. The input low pass filter should be redundent if
the output filter is adequate. In any event, if both are used, then one
should be of capacitive input and the other inductive input.

When you replaced the output transistors, did you replace them with a
matched set of approximately the same gain as the originals? If the new
pills have much more gain, then this could contribute. In any event , the
input and output should not have filters of the same input type as this will
almost always cause problems.
This is about all that I can contribute.
Good luck,
Sam, W5LU

To: <amps@contesting.com>