[AMPS] Input matching experiment

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Input matching experiment
From: na9d-2@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:54:06 -0600
on 1/18/02 4:35 PM, Jim Strohm at jstrohm@texas.net wrote:

> I question dogmatic thinking.  I question bombastic spokesmen who insist
> that theirs is the One True Word, Excluding All Others.
>
> And when I have a theory or line of inquiry that I can test out with a
> simple and repeatable experiment, sometimes I try out my idea.  Sometimes I
> have a better idea, sometimes not.
>
> Were it not for people like me, we'd all still be living on a flat Earth
> with the sun circling us every day.

I wouldn't call walking where others have walked "dogmatic" thinking.  It is
silly to blaze a path through a mine field by yourself, when there are
footprints from others who have walked through it.

The facts are what the literature and texts and scientific theory show.  We
know that the tube is not a linear device.  We know that it operates in
saturated mode.  Therefore, it will produce harmonics and if those harmonics
are not properly suppressed bad things will happen.

I guess you can "try" proven wisdom and theory to see for yourself.  I have
don't have the luxury of time to do that.

One question:  What will you use to measure your harmonic content?  Do you
have the test equipment?

73,

Jon
NA9D