[Amps] next Ebay "deal of the day" Dentron GLA-1000 C

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] next Ebay "deal of the day" Dentron GLA-1000 C
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:58:52 -0800
Hi Gang,
-
Remember the un boxed Heathkit Amplifiers on Ebay
which sold for X-times the original price?  Not to be
outdone, Bill brought this very late production Dentron
GLA-1000C to my attention.
-
Ebay item number  1336971036
-
This is only the second "C" Version / model I've seen. It's
a rehash of the GLA-1000B after the 10 meter ban, so
it has 160 meters and "aux" positions on the band
switch.
-
It probably needs the cathode cutoff mod described on
the http://sonic.ucdavis.edu  Amateur Radio Page. This
amp is in mint condition (I have nothing to do with the
auction) and is a fine example of the Covair - Pinto
Engineering when applied to sweep tube amplifiers.
-
Your results will probably vary...
-
cheers