[Amps] CB and 10 meter amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] CB and 10 meter amps
From: w5lu@hotmail.com (S. J. Blackwell)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 01:47:24 +0000

>Is it any more illegal to build someone an 11 meter amp, then to build amps
>that are capable of running a lot more then the legal limit? I know as
>legal
>hams we would never run these amps past the legal limit even if they coud.
>HI Hi  Let the spam fly!

I have had a problem with the type accepting, ban possible use by CBers tack
that the gov took some years ago when they took the 11M band from the hams.
A ham should be able to make the amp work properly or should learn to do so.
As far as the CBers taking ham amps for illegal use, so prosecute them.
Don't punish the innocent. It makes just as much sense to ban the
manufacture of automobiles because of drunk drivers or escaping bank
robbers.
73
Sam, W5LU