Fw: [Amps] DAYTON

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [Amps] DAYTON
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 23:15:02 -0700
Hi Colin,
-
One known fixed location for some amps members is the
VHF and Above dinner on Friday night (at the Holiday Inn
last year).  Jon, Dave, myself and many others will be
eating our fair share plus.  Come join us, tickets are
probably still available.
-
Jon spent time showing us that new Yaesu HF backpack
size radio he bought last year... pretty neat.  The Dinner
turned out to be the highlight of the trip for me (past the
flea mkt), the Down East Microwave People were really
involved and made it quite the event.
-
By day, many of us did get down to "Amplifier Row"
 in the Ice Rink to look over the many models.  We had
a good time making Tom jump with every flash of the
camera, but he's a good sport. Many of us met for
the first time there and at the Dinner.
-
Put on a hard hat with an antenna and there will be at
least 3 other guys just like you.
-
cheers
skipp
-
-
Hello:
Leaving on Sunday for a leisurely trip through various junk and
surplus stores from Oregon to Dayton.  Is there any special
tavern that the AMPS group frequents at Dayton, or do they all
hover around the biggest amp on display?
73,  Colin  K7FM
--- COLIN LAMB

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.