[Amps] al-1500 parasitic?? or some other problem?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] al-1500 parasitic?? or some other problem?
From: w5lu@hotmail.com (S. J. Blackwell)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 23:13:47 +0000
It would now appear that you have narrowed the problem quite nicely. The
only thing common to all of the permutations you have described is the
antenna system. From the connector at the shack to the antenna. It would
seem there is a corroded joint somewhere. I would suggest the bracket and
halving technique from the shack connector to the antenna. Only a guess, but
the aluminium joints in the beams would be my first guess. I suppose it
could be in any of the antennas, however. It would seem possibe to have
rectification almost anywhere where there is a strong RF field.
gud luk es 73,
Sam, W5LU

To: <amps@contesting.com>