[Amps] GU74B Socket

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] GU74B Socket
From: vk4tzl@bigpond.net.au (Glenn McNeil)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:26:26 +1000
Hi Guys...

Many thanks for the informative replies to my question...things are more
complicated then first appearances!

I think my best bet with this particular socket would be to ground the
screen....I can put strips of Cu foil from the Screen ring to earth right
around the socket very easily.

I'm using G3SEK Screen Regulator boards in the power supply, so at this
stage I have the option to use grounded screen. I imagine this socket would
be fine at HF...which is where it was originally used.

I'll have a look around the web for grounded screen designs...and I think I
have an ARRL design here somewhere for a similar tube on 2 from some years
ago.

Thanks again for the assistance

73

Glenn