[Amps] choke resonances

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] choke resonances
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (Richard)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:49:47 -0700
>> More properly, we should say "the Ameritron RF choke sold by RF parts
>> is used by many others".
>>
>> 73, Tom W8JI
>
>It would be clear to all if the manufacturer of this fine
>choke had put their label on it! Had it been me, I would
>have done so, and advertised to the world how good it is!

Choke design is not rocket science.  One needs a dipmeter and some kind
of a winder.  I use a hand crank drill,  Winding HV-RF chokes is
described on my Web site.

>Please inform us, Tom, if you his name, the person who
>wound up one of these things for the first time. I would like
>to ask him his reasoning for making gaps in the winding.

One reason for making gaps in the winding could be that the choke's
designer is not aware that the way to effectively de-couple adjacent
inductors is to mount them at right angles so that their H-fields do not
couple.   With end-end config./gaps, coupling is optimal.

cheers, Phil.

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end